ESTA for Monaco Citizens: Apply for USA ESTA and Travel Visa-Free
ESTA For Citizens of Monaco
- Country: Monaco
- ESTA Required: Yes
The following information is of importance to all Monaco travelers who are planning to visit the USA.
Find out more about the Visa Waiver Program and why it allows Monaco citizens to travel to the USA with an ESTA, which stands for Electronic System of Travel Authorization.
1. CAN CITIZENS OF MONACO TRAVEL WITHOUT A VISA TO THE USA?
Yes, all Monaco citizens may apply for an ESTA before traveling to the USA.
In other words, applying for a Visa is no longer mandatory for a citizen of Monaco due to the fact that Monaco is one of the many countries to participate in the VWP (Visa Waiver Program). Hence, the opportunity to apply for an ESTA for Monaco citizens is made possible.
Nevertheless, there are some regulations that apply to every Monaco citizen going with an ESTA rather than a Visa. More on that later. More on that later.
2. WHAT IS VWP (VISA WAIVER PROGRAM)?
The Visa Waiver program involves certain countries, which allows the citizens of those countries to use it for traveling or transit purposes in the USA. Which essentially means that if you’re a citizen of one of the VWP countries and you’re traveling to the USA by air or sea, you don’t have to obtain a VISA, rather apply for an ESTA.
To find out more on VMP, read here.
3. WHEN TO APPLY FOR A VISA INSTEAD OF AN ESTA?
One criteria that automatically makes one a candidate for Visa instead of an ESTA is if the individual is not a citizen of one of the VWP countries.
Even though Monaco is one of the VWP countries, cases may vary and you may need to acquire a Visa if:
- If your purpose of travel is not tourism, business or transit.
- If any of the Immigration and Nationality Act rules apply to you, a non-immigrant visa may be needed.
- If the time of your visit in the USA exceeds 90 days.
- If the air-carrier with which you are traveling is a VWP non-signatory air carrier.
4. ARE THERE ANY PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS TO TRAVEL UNDER THE VISA WAIVER PROGRAM?
Yes, there are some requirements for VWP, such as:
- The traveler’s passport must be an electronic passport, including a digital chip, which carries biometric information about the passport’s holder.
- The biographic page of the passport should have a machine-readable place.
- As of July 1, 2009, there has been an exception made: the VWP countries’ temporary and emergency passports must be electronic.
TRAVELLING TO THE USA FROM MONACO?
If you plan to visit the USA, it’s time to apply for ESTA as a Monaco citizen!Apply for USA ESTA Today
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ESTA
The American government regulates ESTA, which means that all US visitors traveling from a Visa Waiver Program country should educate oneself regarding all regulations of how and when an ESTA can be applied to an individual, and when it does not apply.
HOW LONG IS MY ESTA VALID FOR?
Once ESTA has been approved to an individual from a VWP country, then this ESTA is valid for 2 years or until the passport’s expiry date of the ESTA holder.
If your passport expires in less than 2 years, you will need to re-apply for a new ESTA.
In the time frame of two years, the individual may travel multiple times to the USA, with the condition that each travel period does not exceed the 90-day limit.
Want to check whether your ESTA is still valid? Use this simple online form.
If your ESTA has expired, you must apply for a new ESTA in order to travel to the USA.
WHEN DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR AN ESTA?
It is advised to apply for an ESTA at the minimum 72 hours before traveling to the USA. You will receive an answer regarding your ESTA approval in no more than three business days.
To apply for an ESTA, click on the following Online Application Form